Friday, February 27, 2009

I made it safely!

Well I arrived safely. The plane ride was super long and I watched a horrible movie but besides that we arrived on time and they didn't lose my bags! So right now we are still in orientation in some hotel/resort-ish place in Olmue. We've just been going through all the usual stuff like safety, salsa lessons, what to expect, etc. The program directors are super chill and are very helpful. We got an overview of what our classes are going to be like and it seems like the classes are going to be pretty sweet also. Orientation for international students at PUCV starts on Monday so we are going to get more help picking classes and stuff. Thank goodness we have a monitor, which is equivalent to an international mentor at Mac, who will help us with classes and getting around. So yea, tomorrow is the last day of orientation in which we are going to a national park to hike and stuff and then I finally get to meet my host fam and go home with them in Vina del Mar. Exciting! So yea, that's about it for right now. I think we're going out for some karoke tonight, so I better prepare myself for some major embarrassment :)

3 comments:

  1. You're already one step ahead of where I was when I arrived in NI. I had no clothing!

    I love you and miss you and I hope you have an unbelievable time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you have a blog!! Have a lot of fun, and you better do the salsa lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alyssa and karaoke in spanish... i would love to see that. i'm glad you are having a good time and make sure you get one of those 'personal spanish tutors' we talked about... hehe

    ReplyDelete